Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Brian's wedding...I think.

So, 2 weeks ago, on a saturday afternoon (3/14), brian text's me and says "I'm getting married tonight. I hope you guys can come." Of course I was completely surprised, since I knew he was dating a girl, but didn't know how serious it was. However, I was happy for him. He said it would be a pagan wedding and knowing him I asked him what sort of a rating it would have. He said PG-13ish. So, I got a babysitter. While talon watched Tiff, Josh, Crystal, Ephraim and I went up to big cottonwood canyon where he was going to have the ceremony. I can honestly say it was the weirdest ceremony I've ever been to. The high priest got up there and said "These 2 are the biggest pains in my butt!". he said that a couple times and then had them put their hands together. As he held their hands and rocked it from side to side, he said "you need to push and pull, go forward and back in a marriage." He didn't elaborate or anything. he said that a couple times, had them light the candles and then he said "Well, my back is hurting, so i'm gonna leave you with that." and then walked away. We all just sort of stood there wondering if he was coming back. Brian and Emilee's friend who is a pagan as well, came up and finished the ceremony by doing the handfasting. I still do not know if it was legal.





Regardless, Brian is happy and it makes me glad to know that he is doing well. In Josh and I's pic, we are just being cheesy. he he he.

No comments: