Saturday, April 11, 2009

Going out

So, I've been so busy with everything that's been going on (especially this week), but my friend jeanie called me Friday night (yesterday) and asked me if I wanted to go out cause she just needed to get out of the house. So, we decided to go watch a movie. Since I asn't able to get a babysitter on such short notice, we decided to take the girls to go see Monsters Vs. Aliens. It was a cute movie and they really enjoyed it. They were laughing really hard through the whole thing.

After, the movie, we decided to go out for pie once Josh got home so he could watch Tiffy. We went to Denny's and chatted for a while. It's nice to get out and just hang with your friends (without the kids) sometimes. I had to laugh, casue we were just hanging out, but by the time I got home it was after 1:30A. Time flies when you're having fun.

Going out with girls (no matter what you're doing) always reminds me that being a woman is hard and you have to make sure that you find time for yourself or you find yourself burnt out. It is very easy to give and give and give, and forget that you need recoop and "you" time as well. Something we all struggle with- I'm sure.

Either way, it was a fun time, and Iiked just chatting with Jeanie and getting to know her a lot better.

No comments: