Sunday, February 7, 2010

Christmas and New Years '09

On the whole, X-mas went pretty well for us. We hung out on x-mas eve until Josh had to go to work later that night (yes, I know. WAY lame!!!), and then Tiffy and I hung out together. The next day, we got up and did the present thing. Tiffy especially liked this way cute white leather coat I found for her. Super cute!

Then, in the afternoon we went over to my parents house. I honestly have to wonder why we can't just have ONE year with no issues. It seems like with my family it's always something. This year, it was my dad. We were all eating and talking and the topic of politics came up. Now in my family, we are all over the board on several different subjects. Among them include: politics and religion. We all avoid those topics like the plague because unlike civilized people who can agree to disagree and respect the other's opinions, there are some who will not be named, that think that if you disagree with them, you are ignorant and an idiot. Suffice it to say, this does NOT go over well with any of us.

Anyway, the topic of politics came up and patty (John's wife) said that she should probably not say anything and kinda laughed about it. I laughed and said "yeah, with our family, its just never a good idea." So, we moved on to a completely different conversation. A while later, we all went home. Josh, Tiffy and I were about to leave to go to dinner at our friends house and my dad called.

He went off about how I had no right and/or reason to stop that conversation, that I have no idea what he thinks, how no one else had a problem with the conversation and bla bla bla. For 20 minutes he went off without listening to a single word I said about why we do not talk about these topics. I tried to explain that there is no reason that we would start a conversation about something that would lead to other things (guarranteed, I might add) and then we would fight. We didn't want to fight and that we all just wantd to havea good holiday. Finally, I had enough and I told himthat he was the only one tat obviusly had a problem since none of the rest of us cared and that he was taking it personally when it has absolutely nohing to do wth him. Maybe it wasn't the nicest thing to say, but I was quite fed up by then and I did try to be nice in the way that I said it.

Either way, when I got off the phone I was so ticked off at him. Why can't he just stop raising issues when there are none? And why can't he ust play nice with the rest of us, for once! Good rief.

After I had vented for a while, and talked to my brothers, we went to dinner. While we were at dinner, he called me again, but I didn't answer. Now I know he was just calling to hash it out somemore and NOT to apologize for being a total jerk. Shocker. Either way, he didn't leave a voicemail - not that I really expected one from him apologizing. Ha! That's a joke.

We didn't let him ruin our night. But it was truly dissapointing to see that some people never change.

On New Years, Josh had to work again. So, Tiff and I rented some movies and just hung out together. It was fun.

No comments: