Monday, August 25, 2008

Currant Creek- The time there

Since we got in to camp pretty late, by the time we set up camp and got dinner made, it was pretty late and had been dark for a while. So, we switched the lunch for the dinner and had sausage hot dogs and grapes for dinner. We then roasted marshmallows and chatted for a bit by the fire before we all went to sleep. The next morning, the guys made breakfast omelets in a bag with fruit.




Afterwards, the guys went fishing.




While they were gone, Angela and I took the kids to the park for some amusement. They got bored shortly after some other kids showed up. To be fair though, it was REALLY hot out there. Angela and I sat outside in the shade, and even we felt like we were cooking.





After a heavy lunch of meatball subs, we all went swimming in the lake. It was cold. Since the guys had their "free time" with fishing, they gave us some "free time" to swim and tan on floaties in the lake. It was nice and relaxing (sort of- the water was way cold) and a very needed cool off.




The guys (true to form) occupied themselves while they watched the kids play by throwing rocks into the water and trying to hit seaweed and also trying to hit some pole. It never ceases to amaze me how easily entertained they are sometimes. I had to laugh!





When we got back, it was time to make dinner. Angela and I made dutch oven chicken and potatoes- It was good. After that, we made dutch oven caramel apple cake for dessert and roasted some marshmallows.



After eating, we all hung out by the fire again and roasted marshmallows (this time strawberry marshmallows).




The next morning, we all decided to go back down to the lake so that they could fish. I sat in the shade and read my book while they enjoyed the fishing. Unfortunately, we didn't catch anything but seaweed, but it was beautiful nonetheless.











Afterwards, we packed up and got ready to go. Before we left, we made sure to drop off the cans of soda that the kids had been collecting throughout the trip (for their "treat").



During the drive back, we stopped in Heber at Granny's Drive In for some lunch. It was pretty good. We got home around 4 PM. Overall, it was a fun trip. I have to say, I was glad to be home though and take a shower and sleep in my own bed. LOL!

1 comment:

Amanda C said...

Looks like fun! I can take camping for a day or so. But I also love my bed and a nice hot shower. :)