Sunday, July 5, 2009

Traffic and the Hilton

Pretty much every week I take Tiffy to her modeling and acting class. We went to class a few weeks ago and were on our way home when we hit MAJOR traffic. We weren't going slow. No, we were at a complete stop!



At first Tiffy thought it was interesting and pretty happy.



We sat in traffic for 2.5 hours and were wondering what had happened. Tiffy was so beyond bored!!!





We finally started moving, and we had to go through all of the semi's that had been forced to pull over and wait it out.



When we finally got to the front of the line, we found out that they had detoured us back to SLC. They suggested going to 201 instead. So, we took the road there which was a dirt road and back by the water treatment plant. Gross!



We finally get there and they have now shut 201 down too. So, we get stuck in traffic again. When we finally got out of there, we decided to go to a movie to wait out the time until they opened the road back up.

When we got out of the movie, I called to check if there was any update and my friend, Lesley, told me that they did not expect it to be open for several hours. At this point, Tiffy and I were both just exhausted. Lesley, called Steve our GM and he agreed to give me a free room for the night so I could get her to bed and rest a bit. I was very grateful that he did such a nice thing.

I think that is one of the things I will miss the most about the hotel...that we care about people and out employees. It has been a nice place to work.

No comments: