Saturday, September 12, 2009

Vacation 09- part 1

For vacation this year we went to the cabin up on Lake Tapps, but we made a detour to Bob and Helene's place in Enterprise, Oregon (AKA boonyville- LOL!). We left at 6 AM on Saturday 8/1 and got there in the afternoon- yes we drove. Jeanie and Coby were going on vacation with us, but since Coby had a golf tournament that day, they weren't leaving till about 1 PM. So, they were going to stay at a hotel that night and meet up with us the next day on the way to the cabin.

Once we got to Bob and Helene's, we got settled a bit, then went out on the lake up there- which is about 5 minutes away. I gotta say, it is pretty, but its so far out there, that I just don't see the appeal. I'm just too much of a city slicker. ha ha. This is why parent's shouldn't force their kids to camp and do things that they hate with a vengeance- you may change your kids outlook for LIFE. I suppose if I hadn't been forced into it the way that I had (and if other things were different as well) I may have a different take on it, but I don't so really at the end of the day, its a mute point.

Anyway, we got in the boat and had ourselves a dip in the lake. Josh got to drive the boat, which I swear brings a physical change in him. He is more at peace in a boat and on a lake. It cracks me up, but I also really like seeing him chilled and peaceful like that. It makes me relax to see Josh and Tiffy chill like that.






We also worked with Tiffy a bit on positioning and etc for the skiing. She was a bit too nervous and cold, so she didn't actually try skiing, but that's ok. As long as she tries it by the end of the trip, its all good. She is her fathers daughter and so I know she can do it. lol.






She was a bit cold when she got back in, but it was nice to relax in the lake for a while.



The next day, we got an early start to our day and were off by 6:30a and were on our way to the cabin. Yea! we got there around 3:30p and so by the time we were all set up and had brought everything in, we were all itching to get in the water. We enjoyed ourselves in the water. It was gorgeous!

No comments: