Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday

To me, the best part about Thanksgiving is the next day: Black Friday! It is the day of shopping mania. I love the feeling you get from all the sales and good deals that you get.

I started taking Tiffany with me on Black Friday last year. It was kind of a trial run last year to see how she would like it and how she would hold up. She LOVED it! She had a total blast and loved helping me pick out everyone's gifts. She enjoys shopping, so it's a nice thing. This year, she was sick earlier in the week, so I wasn't sure she would be up to going shopping with me, but she took her naps and stayed home a day from school to get all better. She abstained from sugar and junk food so that she would be good to go. Well, she was good to go by Friday.

We got up at 3Am, and got ready so we could leave by 4 AM. We started on 56th W and hit all of those stores. then went down south and eventually worked our way up. I got quite a few AWESOME deals. I didn't get as much as I normally do (due to the limited funds I have this year), but it didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves and by being exhausted. Josh and I were dying before Tiffy. I have to say that it makes me laugh that she was able to out shop me- That's my girl! LOL! I think if I would have had more money, I would have had more energy (since I work that way), but its all good.

We came home and all took a 4 hour nap. Shows how tired we actually were. Then, we went to a movie. Tiffy hadn't seen Mew Moon yet (Josh and I went to the 3 Am show on opening night- WOOHOO!). So, she really wanted to see it. So we took her to the show. She loved it. She said there were a couple parts that made her nervous, but she LOVED it. he he he. It was a great movie! We came home and went to bed. We were so tired, we slept till 9 AM the next day. That, for us, is SUPER late!

I will be going shopping again, since I am nowhere near done, but it was a fun day!

No comments: