Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day Parade

In the last couple of days, I have taken a lot of pictures. LOL! The holidays started with a parade for the 4th of July. Only since we live in Utah and the 4th is on a Sunday, they do it on the Saturday. Whatever I guess.

We had to be at the meeting spot by 8:15Am. So, we got there in time and met everyone else. They all looked so cute in their matching outfits.



They stretched and went thru the dance a couple times before the parade started at 8:30Am. Tiffy was kinda nervous cause she wasn't 100% sure she remembered the whole dance, but she did just fine once they went over it once. LOL. By the time it was time to go, she was fully into the dance. Her faces always crack me up.



We started along the parade route and it was a good thing it wasn't very hot since it's about a 3 mile route. Some of the moms were throwing candy and I was hydrating the girls w water and also misting them w water. So, it worked out pretty good for them. They had a lot of fun though and Tiffy made sure to smile and wave a lot.



Every little bit they would stop for a bit and perform. The girls originally thought they'd be able to stop and perform, but no. They ended up having to dance and walk at the same time. So, it did throw them off a bit, but not too bad. They had fun with it though and that's really all that matters.

After the parade was done, all the girls got water and popsicles.

All in all, it went well. Tiffy had a lot of fun performing and Josh and I had fun watching her and the girls.



On another note, there were 2 people in the parade that annoyed me. The first one was this chick On that was all waving and yelling (all flirty like) hi to Josh from when he worked at the bar. She was pretty trashy... But I mostly ignored her. The other one, was this other girl on the parade route that annoyed me with her shirt that said "do I look illegal?" Personally, I think that people that have to wear a shirt like that are approaching it completey wrong. I personally think that if it is a topic that bothers you, then you should approach it in a more dignified and proper way than to wear some controversial shirt. It's as annoying as some people who put dumb bumper stickers on their cars. To me, the topic of choice is irrelevant. Whether it is abortion, religious views, etc. There is a right way and a wrong way to get your point across. Unfortunately for them, that it isn't it, and people are less likely to take them seriously when they wear things like that. Kind of like going into a buiness meeting w jeans and a ripped t-shirt. It's so very annoying to me... But whatever, to each their own. Ok, I am done w that topic. LOL!

No comments: