Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Maritime Ship Tour

On Friday, we left Primm and arrived in San Diego, CA. We had fantastic views from our hotel.




We decided to go to the maritime Museum at the pier. The first boat we checked out was the Star of India. It is an old 1863 boat that was all decked out with old sails (for Halloween) that were ripped and was really cool.















There were a lot of really cool things to see. There was this cute section where it talked about the old timers that travelled. There was a chance to put on some of the olden clothes.




There was a "toilet" which was in a super tiny spot and not private at all. So gross. Totally reminded me of when we lived in our 12 foot trailer and our bathroom was a sugar can. LOL.



There was a cute boat where the kids could play. Tiffy was so funny.





Outside the 1st boat, Josh and Tiffy took a super cute pic.



We went on to one of the other boats in the tour as well.







We also went on the B-39 submarine. Due to some things I've dealt with as a child, I get a little bit claustrophobic in small spaces. Not bad, for example, elevators that are moving don't bother me. Anyway, I did pretty ok, but by the time we left the sub, I was breathing a bit hard. LOL. Josh thought it was pretty funny, and I told hima story about myself that he had never heard. So, you see there is always something to learn about your spouse- even after 1 years. :):):)







There was this part of the sub that showedthe sleeping quarters of the crew. I would so NOT be able to deal with that kind of space. LOL.



Next, we went onthe Berkeley, an old 1898 steam ferry boat.





In one of the boat parts, there was this funny sign that said no spitting. It makes me wonder, why people would spit on the floor or on things instead of just a) not spitting, or b) spitting into the ocean. Either way, it made me laugh.



We did have a lot of fun going thru the boat though.




We also went on the USS Dolphin sub which has the record set for deepest dive. It was pretty cool and actually had a little more space han the 1st sub we went to. So, it was fun to see.





No comments: