Sunday, May 17, 2009

Attitudes

Why do kids have to be so complicated at times? Why do the attitudes have to come out every once in a while that makes it so difficult to remember their beautiful sparkly personalities at that moment? I know life is hard, but come on! Some things are just NOT okay.

Friday night was one of those days for Tiffany. She has been going through this growth spurt and has been eating like crazy. It was about 1/2 past her bedtime but since it was a weekend, I decided to let her stay up a little linger than normal as I sometimes do. We were hanging out waiting for Josh to finally get home - Fridays are his long days at work. We had already eaten dinner a few hours before, but she decided she was hungry again. So, she asked if she could eat again. I told her she could have either an apple or a bowl of cereal. She said cereal. So, I said "that's fine, but only from one of the cereals that are open already." She didn't want to eat any of those. So, when I heard a crinkling that sounded like a cereal box, I askedc her what she was doing. She started hiding and hiding the box so I couldn't see what she was doing. I finally asked her if she was messing with a different cereal and she admitted it. By then she had opened the box, and was trying to open the seal on the plastic part. I told her since she didn't listen to me, she would have to go to bed without the cereal.

She didn't take this well. She was mad and started throwing a temper tantrum. She was yelling, screaming, and started kicking my walls and slammed the door to her room. She started sticking her tongue out at me and was just overall not being good. I was so surprised since she has never thrown a fit like this and I have no idea where she got it from. Regardless, I had to ground her and send her to bed. I was pretty angry with her by the time she was in bed. It always makes me sad to have to punish my daughter, but I have to otherwise she won't learn what behavior is and is not okay. So, it kinda shot the rest of my night. I was pretty bummed. Funny thing is, I doubt she really knows how hard it is for me as a parent to do that sometimes. Sigh.

No comments: