Friday, June 25, 2010

The Arts Festival

Today, we went to the arts festival. We try to go every year and we always have a lot of fun going. Jeanie and the kids were going to meet us there at 10 AM, but she got some rush work that had to be done right away. So, we decided to take the kids so she could get work done and then she could meet us there.

Josh went and got them and I got them ready to go. We took our sweet time getting everyone ready. We finally left for the festival around 10:30 AM. I had done some face painting for the girls and gave them some glitter eyeliner. They thought it was fun and cute! So did I. Lol.



We wandered around and got the girls a cute "crown" and wand. We also got some candied almonds and kennel corn. We were also looking for a toy for Cayson, but there was a shocking small amount of boy things at the festival this year.

After we had been there a while and had seen everything, the kids were all hungry. So, we got them all a slice of pizza from The Pie. They have the best pizza! Josh and I would have gotten a slice too, but we wanted more than cheese and pepperoni. So, we got 1 japanese and 1 greek instead and went halfsies on it.





It was so blasted hot. All I really wanted was a cool drink. I felt like I was going to die. It always takes me a while to acclimate to the new temperature. LOL.





After we all finished, we took the kids to the park to play for a while. They didn't last long though- it was pretty hot. 98F hot to be precise! So, we decided to get snowies and go sit down in the shade. It was nice to have a cool flavor. Tiffy got a mixture of flavors, Josh didn't want one and I got sour grape. Yum! I love sour flavors. LOL. Jeanie and the kids got some as well. It was rally funny to watch Cayson because he was SO into it. Tiffany was quiet to eat her food- it's a serious deal to eat your snowie. Don't ya know? LOL! It made me laugh. Josh kinda laid down and hung out while the rest of us enjoyed some good ice.






As I was sitting there watching the kids, I realized that I did Tiffy's hair really cute. So, I took a pic of it. LOL.



Jeanie and I goofed off for a bit and tried to take some pics of ourselves. It didn't work out so good. but it was funny nonetheless.




After we ate, we were all pretty wiped out form the heat and the walking around. So, we bid our farewells. Plus, I had to stop by the photography studio to get Scott the list of pictures to edit for us so that I can get the models their pictures. We came home and took a nice long nap. Not too shabby!

No comments: