Sunday, June 6, 2010

Final Recital

Last night was the final recital for the 2009-2010 dance year. Some of our friends and family came to watch Tiffy (my parents, Isaac and the 2 girls, Jeanie and coby and the 2 kids). Angela and Alton and Jayden were also there since Taylor was dancing in the recital as well. Tiffy had 5 dances so she was a busy girl. In the morning, we had rehearsal from 9:30AM-1:30 PM. Then we went home, had some lunch, got ready and came back to the school for the recital. Tiff had 5 dances so she was gonna be a busy girl. Her first dance was cheer I. So, she performed that dance first. Even though I was not impressed with the cheer program this year and am probably not going to put her in cheer for the next year it was still cute.



After they performed, I went backstage to get her ready for her next dance (Rockstar). We had a bit of time so she got some down time before she had to be back on stage. She performed her jazz number next and did fantastic. They looked great! I always love to watch her perform and it truly does put a smile on my face to watch her do something that she loves so much.



Afterwards, I went backstage again to help her change back into her cheer outfit and redo her hair for cheer. She had to go potty since she wouldn't have any time after this break to go until the show was over. She went and was ready just in time to go on. I really have to wonder about the skill of the teachers because it seemed as if they didn't know their dance at all. Oh well, she had fun anyway...even though she did say that it was frustrating because none of them really knew what they should be doing since it hadn't been made very clear to them. What can ya do right?

I ran out of the auditorium after her cheer dance and booked it to help her change her outfit and hair (again) for her lyrical. I got her ready just in time to go onstage and I ran to watch her perform (she had about 10 minutes in between dances to get ready- crazy!).



As soon as she finished her lyrical dance, I ran to help her change again. She booked it and met me so that she could change into her solo costume and hair. She again barely made it in time (she had 4 dances in between dances this time- even crazier!!) and I ran back down to watch her. It was hectic and insane and she was tired from dancing and running, but she did great and Josh and I were so proud of her.



After the performance, we went to dinner with Isaac and the girls and Alton and Angie joined us (though they were at the table next to ours). The waitress was HORRIBLE but we had a good time catching up. By the time we got home, it was all we could do to change into our jammies and chrash into bed. LOL! All in all, a great day.

1 comment:

Catie said...

Wow super-mom! I think you were just as busy as Tiffy was for the final recital. Its all good.. i'm sure you burned calories with the running back stage then up front to watch.. then back stage to help her change.. then run up so you dont miss the beginning. Good Job Tiffy on your 2009-2010 dance year! cio - next year you should send facebook invites so more people know when the performances are. I would like to go to one..