Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Photoshoot- Part 1

So, to improve my professional makeup artist portfolio, I decided to hold and produce a photoshoot. Little Grins photographer Scott decided to participate and Jocelyn from Dancers Edge agreed to let me rent her studio for the shoot hours so that we would have a "staging area". I spent the last few weeks planning it and arranging all the little details.

Yesterday, 6/23/10, was the day of the photoshoot. I got up early to prep everything. We had to be at the studio by 8 Am to set up. I spoke to Jocelyn on Tuesday, the day before, to confirm that the studio would be opened for us. However, when I got there, no one was there and the studio was locked. We figured maybe she was late, but when no one had shown up by 8:45AM, I was freaking out(to say the least). We didn't have their phone number, and I had tried emailing, but had gotten no response. We decided to drive over to Jocelyn's house and hoped that I could find it (since I hadnt been there in 5-6 years and had only been there once). I found a house that looked like hers and had a car like hers. So, I decided to knock on the door and chance being a complete idiot if it wasn't her house. Luckily, it was her house and she was there. She apologized profusely and explained that she had confused it with Saturday. I took the key and ran back to the studio. When I got there (just before 9 AM), Jeanie was there but no one else had shown yet. Phew!

We hurried and set up and tried to get caught up (since we were now running an hour behind). I got started on the first set of looks for everyone while Suzy took "before" shots of everyone.









I think it turned out really well. At 10 Am, we started shooting with Scott. He worked on the first set of looks and headshots. Everyone had 2 "looks" except for Tiffany (since she already had a portfolio done). I for the most part got caught up pretty quickly. Thankfully, Josh was there to help out and help keep people on point, since I can only be in so many places at once.



















After the first few shots, we were all pretty well acquainted and were having fun laughing at all the fun shots. We did a set of shots where Josh (the gym guy) was hitting on Amanda (the Yoga/gym girl). It was hillarious!!! We were all cracking up.




No comments: