Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mary Kay Came for a visit

Josh's aunt Mary Kay came for a visit. She is so funny and we all love her. She came down from Renton, WA and spent a week with the family.

She stayed at Isaac and Nichole's. Now, don't get me wrong, I like Isaac and Nichole so it has very little to do with them, but it's really frustrating to Josh that everyone always arranges their schedules around them and then only chooses to see us if convenient for them. Maybe it's not really like that, but that's how it makes him feel since he feels that no one will come out and see us just for us. He sees it as people always come out just to see Isaac and Nichole and IF its convenient then they will see us and Tiff. Sigh! To be fair, Bob and Helene did come out and Isaac and Nichole came along too (with the girls) and watch Tiffy at her Nationals solo competition and Helene came out for one of her team competition dances, and for her final recital. All of that was super appreciated and Tiffy loved it, and it was nice to see them again. I suppose the frustrating part is that, yes, I know that we are super busy and all, but it's not like we have no time at all to spend with people. We like to spend time with family too-especially since most of them live so far. We could arrange to spend quite a bit of time with them, if people just gave us some notice instead of telling us a couple days before that they're coming out to see Isaac and Nichole and their girls. I suppose it's just dissapointing to see people play favorites is all- especially when it seems like its done so obviously. It's hard to explain to my daughter why they rarely come out to see her, even though they come out and see the other girls. I don't like it when people I care about are hurt and take things personally.

Anyway....... back on track to what I was talking about. LOL. We met them all for dinner one night. The pics turned out a little weird so we all looked shiny, but oh well.



All in all, it was a fun dinner. The next day, we all hung out together so that Mary could see the sights and we could spend some time together with her. We went to temple square first.









Something funny did happen when we were in one of the buildings at temple square. Apparently I am the one that sticks out in the crowd of 9 people. The girl missionaries came over and were talking to me and trying to get me to have the missionaries come over. LOL. It was funny. Mary Kay was making fun of me since she said, "they are going to try to reconvert Cio!". I had to laugh. I'm sure Isaac thought he was being funny with his next comment to them when we were talking about religion and our being Agnostic. He told them, "We still love them, even though they aren't LDS." I didn't like that comment very well though since it's kind of insulting. So, I said "No, Isaac, we still love YOU." LOL. Josh just laughed at me since he knows I can be confrontational at times. I don't feel bad...he started it. lol. Why does religion have to be a factor for why people can love another person or like them or take them as good people? Sigh. It wasn't a big deal, just a reminder of how so many people are.

Anyway, next, we went to the conference building and checked out the top of the roof which Josh and I had never been to.






We were all hungry by then, so we went to Sampan for lunch. I love their chinese! Next, we went to This is the Place Park. There was a train tour that you could take. So we took that and saw the area. It was pretty fun.

I also got a pic of the driver and narrator.

Next, we got out and walked around and saw all the things and buildings and such.



There was this cute animal petting farm section with cows, goats and etc.

Josh and Tiffy fed the cows....

There was a funny video of the girls feeding the cows....



There was a replica of Brigham Young's house and the girls all took a pose. It was funny cause the girls were trying to copy Tiff and Pose like her. LOL.



They found this eagle statue and of course all had to pose again.



It was a fun day and we were all sad to see Mary Kay go. :)

No comments: