Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spanish Fork Competition- Solo night pt 1

Tiffy took all the comments and everything said from the judges at St George and she really took it to heart and applied it to her work. She went out there and performed her lyrical first. She did an amazing job. None of her pictures turned out since the photographer said his camera broke a few #'s before her dance. UGH! Then, to make it worse, I didn't take any pics since they promised me they'd get great pics of her. Double UGH!!! Yeah, I know, It was a stupid thing for me to not do, but I learned my lesson- that's for sure. I did get the photographer to give me my money back and she gave me the pics for Nationals free as well, but still...you can'trecoop those memories. :(

The video quality isn't very good, but I'm going to post it anyway since you can see how good she did. Yes, she made some mistakes, but for the Jr Amateur level it is VERY good.



After she performed, we were all so happy for her and sure she would at least take 1st if not High Point. So, we got her changed for her next dance (since she was performing right after the awards) and then went to awards ceremony. She was so happy and excited to find out how she scored with her lyrical.



You can see how excited and happy she is in all the pics at awards. lol.



They always have a dance off to loosen the girls up and just let them have some fun before the awards are given.



This video shows them all dancing and having a great time:



After this, the awards were given out. Tiffany took Ruby 2nd place for her lyrical. This just crushed Tiff and she tried so hard not to cry onstage but you could see her reaction immediately. She went up and got her trophy but you could tell it didnt mean anything to her. She was beyond crushed! As soon as awards were over, I went to talk to Janica and Jocelyn to see what had happened. They were going to speak to the director right away. We were all furious and didn't understand. She had done SO MUCH BETTER than last time. So, how can she score lower? Getting a Ruby automatically lets us know they scored her a LOT lower. I was furious!

However, Tiffy was on soon, so I had to try to get her in a better head space. She was crying and so upset. I had to fix her makeup and try to get her ready for her Jazz. I did my best to convince her of what all of knew, but it was too late. She was too upset.

No comments: