Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pride Festival

This year we had the chance to go to the Pride Festival. It was so great being able to go out and support our friends in the gay community.

It is sometimes to hard to see how badly/harshly they are treated. I have heard comments like, "I would rather someone be a murderer than be gay" or "we love the person, not the sin" in relation to comments made about them. Another person lumped gays in the same category as a rapist, druggie, etc. It's just sad that people can't live a life of acceptance. No one is asking you to approve of their lifestyle. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but to say that they are like rapists or murderers? That's just unacceptable and extremely ignorant!!!!

I personally think its so sad that some people think that their love is truer or more important than someone elses. Who am I to say that my love is stronger than someone elses? Who made them the ruler of the universe to decide that? Also, I know that I didn't wake up one day and decide..."You know, I think I will be straight!"" I mean, come on! That's ridiculous! People are who they are and they can't help who they love. There's nothing wrong with loving someone, regardless of secual orientation.

Anyway, I'm gonna get off my soap box now. LOL. We went to the festival and brought Tiffy with us and had so much fun!





After the Pride Festival, we had a Baptism for a close friend of ours (Alan and Dez) to attend. Then they had a BBQ to celebrate her baptism. :):):)

It was definitely interesting doing things in that order. However, it was a fun day for all and the pride festival was an excellent family activity.

No comments: