Monday, July 28, 2008

Tradition

I don't have many things that I remember in good light about my childhood. However, when I was a young girl, one thing that I used to do with my mom was putting on facial masks when she did. I liked it. It was a way of bonding and a way of knowing that I fit in as her daughter. Even if I didn't always feel loved, this was one way hat I felt normal. It is a good thing that I remember...

I was really stressed this afternoon and evening. I had to read over 8 chapters totalling over 400 pages of information (it was for my upper division level Anthropology class of all things). So, after I had read all the chapters I needed to read, I took a break and decided to spend a bit of time with Tify. I asked her if she wanted to do a mask with me. She did. so, I did a mask on the 2 of us and we just laughed and chilled while we did it. It was a fun thing to do. I have no idea why it cam eto my head, but it did and I'm glad that I remembered that activity.

It's funny the things that come back to you at some of the strangest times.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That's funny that you did that I have been thinking about when I did the same thing with my mom. Sounds like you guys had fun.