Friday, April 16, 2010

This weekend

It is Tiffany's first solo competition this weekend. She has put an amazing amount of time and effort into this and I hope that she is 100% ready and prepared for it. We did a run through of all the solo's last night at dance and although I am biased, I do believe that she will win- at least out of all the people in her studio that she is up against. The dances were all cute, but I think that she has put the most work into her routine and has the most "attitude" and therefore should get extra ponts for showmanship which is usually the final deciding factor when all technique is equal. Though, I do also believe her technique is the best as well. Yes, I know that I am a parent and biased, but I think I'm pretty critical as well. There are times when people say that she did great and I think it was just awful. So, who knows... All I know is that I want her to succeed and do well. At the end of the day, even if she doesn't win, if she learns something from it, gets better, and feels good about herself and her performance, then we have won.

I did get some bad news yesterday, but I am determined to try to see it in a positive light and see things as an oportunity to spend more time with my child. Who knows, maybe I can lose some weight by hitting the gym double time. Every cloud has a silver lining in it, you just have to find it.

No comments: