Saturday, June 28, 2008

9th Anniversary

So, Josh and I were supposed to go golfing and spend the day together for our anniversary, but since they fired a manager at his work, he had to go in and work until 4 PM. I was bummed, but what can you do? So, I figured I'd take the day off anyway and enjoy it. So, I scheduled a massage, mani and pedi. lol.

I got up Thursday and got ready for the day. It was Angie's birthday so I got her card and present all together and put it in her mailbox on my way out- No, I would not just stop and drop it off at 8:45 AM! That would not be nice. lol. So, I went to Millpond Spa. When I got there, they served me citrus water while I filled out my paperwork. Then, I went down to the locker room and got in my wrap and robe. I went and sat in the steam room for a while (I love wet sauna's!) until jeremy (my masseuse) came and got me. Normally, I'm pretty leery over a male masseuse (call me paranoid or whatever), but he was very professional and did a GREAT job! Then, after the hour long full body massage (AH!), I went and changed. I went upstairs and got my mani from Hope (very cute girl and very nice- did a great job!). While my mani was drying, I got my pedi from her as well. While I was getting my pedi done, they brought me cappuccino and juice along with a fruit tray with coffee cake and a chocolate. All very chill and very nice.

I finally got out of the spa around 1:30 PM, and of course work had called with "an emergency". I had to laugh. I got it resolved with a phone call and went home to touch up my makeup. I then went to lunch with my friend Gary at Tracks at 2 PM, and hung out with him until about 3:30 PM.

I then went home and watched an episode of Lost (very addicting show). Then, I got ready for dinner with Josh. We went to dinner and my John and Patty watched Tiffy for us. We went to the Melting Pot- best dessert ever!

When we went to pick Tiffy up, she didn't want to go home. I always have to laugh cause she just adores my brother and never wants to go back home once she's been hanging out with him. He is SO good with kids and it'll be interesting to see him with his own someday. He'll be a great dad!

All in all a good day!

2 comments:

Amanda C said...

Sounds like a great day! Happy Anniversary to you and Josh!

Angela said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!! I need to go to a spa..someday. Thank you so much for the gift. It was a great start to my day and made it so much better. Your a great friend and I miss seeing you!