Sunday, December 7, 2008

Black Friday Shopping Madness

Every year, I take the day off on PTO on the day after Thanksgiving- the day that is known as Black Friday. I know that it strikes fear in many people and there are even more people who refuse to shop at all on that day. I, however, love that day. I love the sales and the going to what seems like a million different stores. I love getting great things at awesome prices. To me, that is worth etting up at 3 AM and leaving your house before the crack of dawn to et those deals. This year, since Josh is a manager, he had to work all day. So, I asked him to come shopping with me before he and to go to work. He agreed to go with us. I also usually get a babysitter for my daughter since it can be hard on kids to run around shopping. However, since she is 7, I figured she would be old enough to last the shopping and we can make it a tradition of sorts.

So, at 4 AM, off we went. We started of at Lowes where the line was over 1 hr long. Josh went straightaway to go stand in line while I thopped. Then, I took Tiffy shopping, then we came back and I stood in line while Josh took Tiffy shopping and then he brought her back to do some shopping of his own. All in all, we were in line for 1hr20mins in that store. We got a lot of good things though. We then, went into Salt Lake to o to Circuit City. The store was jammed but the lines were non-existent which was great. At that point, we went to Old Navy in Sugarhouse to do some more shopping. Once we were done there, Josh had to go to work. So, Tiffy and I moved on to the Gateway to do some shopping. Around 9AM, we took a 1/2 hr break to relax a bit and then we were off moving again. It was arooud 2 PM when I was ready to leave the mall. Tiffy, however, was still ready to keep going. It really cracked me up how much she is like me in the sense that shopping gives her energy instead of drains her.

We decided to go get my rins cleaned and see if Josh would be ready to take a lunch break. Once everything was cleaned, plated and polished, he was ready to go. We went to lunch at Fazoli's and then brought him back to work. We went back to the house to take a short nap before John's wedding reception later that night.

It was a lot of fun to go shopping with Tiffy. I rarely get to take her because its just not effective to come allthe way out and then come back into town to shop. So, it was fun to be able to take her at least once during the season.

No comments: