Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving

I like Thanksgiving and all that it entails. I like that family and friends get together and have fun and socialize. To me, it is a time to remember why we make those bonds that we call family. This year, as always, Thanksgiving was at my house. We cook all the main inredients and everyone else brings sides. It keeps it simple and easy.

I got a call around 10 AM that morning from my dad who said my brother Brian might be coming. I didn't really expect him to come because I know how he can be with family and gatherings, but I did hope that he would come regardless. He was the fist to arrive and even though I haven't seen him in almost 2 years, it was really nice to see him. It's nice to see what he's been up to even though its not usually good news. On the flip side, it's hard to see someone you love so much having such a hard time. I really hope things can work out for him. He has so much potential and is a good person deep down, but is having a rough time and has had some tough breaks.

Anyway, once everyone got here we got down to eating. :)











Thanksiving reminds me that we should be thankful for our friends, family and the opportunity to work and be healthy which some people do not have. We should be glad to live in a country where we have a democracy and are not oppressed as so many other people in the world are. Even though I would never join the army or military, I am glad that there are people out there (like my brother John in the Marines or my brother-in-law Isaac in the Air Force and some of my other friends) who will put their lives at risk to protect their country. I, most of all, am thankful for my husband and daughter. Tiffany is a ray of sunshine to me and she is a constant reminder that if you try hard enough and want something bad enough, you can have it. Also, she is one of the most caring people I have ever met and I love that she has sucha big heart. She is one of the people who have had a hue impact on my life and the person that I am today. Josh is my best friend and I am thankful that he is in my life. He is a good guy and truly cares about others more than himself. He can be extremely caring and selfless at times and tries daily to show that in all his actions. I can't imagine my life without himin it. I think of Josh and Tiffy and I just have to smile.

No comments: