Sunday, December 21, 2008

Karma?

I've had a string of bad luck lately: personally and work related. I've been worrying that maybe I have done something wrong that warranted these actions. That is, after all, how karma works. Thing is, I work really hard to be a good person and I try to live the golden rule as much as I can (where I behave the way i want others to treat me).

A few weeks ago, I went online to FM100's website and entered a contest to win Nutcracker tickets. I had totally forgotten about it when I got a text from my friend Julie who said that our friend Clark had heard my name on the radio to win the tickets, but he wasn't sure what station it was on. So, at that point, I called the radio station to see if my name was on the list, but they didn't have anything listed but said to call back the next day. The next day when I got to work, I had a mesage from the DJ saying that I won the tickets. I was so excited as I love, love, love the Nutcracker and so does Tiffy. We have been wanting to go, but haven't had the money to buy tickets for the show. I redeemed the tickets for the X-Mas eve show at 12P. We are so excited. Josh has to work that day, so it's a perfect day for us to go.

A few days later, I was listening to KBULL93 and they were talking about office gossip and asking for people to call in and get prizes if you win with the juiciest gossip. Now, I work in a hotel and there is all sorts of juicy gossip. So, I caled in with a story that happened a few years ago about a guy we had to fire. I explained very briefly why without giving any specifics on who, what, when, where but I did state the why. Anyway, the DJ kind of teased me about googling office scandals. i assured him, that was not the case, but it was pretty funny. Anyway, he called me back the next day at work and told me he had used my story that day and that I had won. Yea!I was so excited. I won tickets to the Body Works Exhibit at the Leonardo which I have been wanting to go to since it got here 2 months ago. I went the next day to go pick up the tickets and it turns out that I actually won 4 tickets and not 2. An even bigger Yea! Sweetums!!! I was so excited. I decided that i'm going to take my friend Angela and my friend Lesley and Tiffany.

At the holiday party, I did win a prize for a night stay as well. So, my luck has been pretty good in some ways. It makes me think that perhaps karma is not atacking me. The theory is that things happen- both good and bad- and they are not always related to karma. However, sometimes things that do hapen are because of karma. So, in theory, I would be geting given good karma to show me that I am still a good person and it is a way of balacing out all the bad crap that has been happening to me lately. I don't know that I completely believe that, but it is a nice theory to think about.

No comments: