Saturday, December 27, 2008

X-mas week

The holidays have ben a crazy time for all of us. However, at josh's work, they have ben slow...up until this week. They got slammed and so as a result,Josh ended up having to work long hours. Other than the fact that it suks, this would not normally be a big issue. However, Tiffy has been off of school since last Friday and I have been off work since midday on Tuesday..so it kind of sucked. Sigh!

Anyway, I got off work early Tuesday and went over to Angela's to do some holiday baking. We made rice krispie treats, pumpkin rolls and rum balls. I had to go to the store before going over, and found out that x-mas is the black friday of supermarkets and baking. It was nuts. Took me over 2 hours to get some basic grocery shopping done with supplies that I needed to be able to do the baking (I hadn't really planned on baking until the last minute, so I didn't have the supplies I needed). Angela had already been baking for a while and had goten a couple other things completed. I ended up going home with 2 pumpkin rolls, 32 rum balls, a big sheet of rice krispies, and some fudge Angela had made. Yum!

Wednesday was Christmas Eve and we wanted to play it pretty chill. I had won tickets to the ballet (The Nucracker) so Tff and I were going to go see that, but other than some errands...nothing...yes! We went to the ballet and had so much fun. They had a special performance for the holiday and had changed some things in the ballet. Some things were simple and perhaps some people didn't notice the tango that went on between the ballerina doll and the toy bear, but they surely couldn't miss the Waldo that popped in and out of different scenes, the scarf and snow hat on the snow king and queen, the big mouse that kept crossing the stage at od intervals, the score cards that Clara and the prince put up as a score after each dance, and the bumblebee dancer that should have been a sugar plum fairy. It was all very funny and yet retained a sense of classicality that I love in ballet peformances. At the end, it was Santa that took Clara off stage instead of the prince. It was a lot of fun that tiffy and i had. We checked out the items for sale afterwards and ended up buying a cute snow queen outfit ornament.

When Josh got home that night, we were all realy tired and instead of having a nice sitdown meal like we had originally planned, we decided to make mini veggie burgers instead. lol! Tiffy and I made chocolate chip cookies for Santa while had cooked dinner.



After dinner, the three of us decided to make our own gingerbread house (Josh's mom Helene had sent us a kit). So, we made the house our style...







I wasn't feeling well at that point and so we put Tiffy to bed and finished up wrapping the last presents and then sat down on our bed to watch a holiday special on TV. I fell asleep to that.

No comments: