Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Parties

The same night as the childrens holiday party, I had a couple other things to do. Right after we got home, I had to go meet my friends kenny and Gary for our uearly holiday drink. Usually, we go during the week sometime, but I've been so busy with school and work and finals and dance that I've had literally no time. So, I met them at 4P. At 5P, i had to leave to go get ready for Josh's work's holiday party being thrown by Casey at her house. It ended up being nice, but with a ton of food. It also went late and finally I was like :I'm sorry, we have to go.: So, we sort of prom[ted people to start leaving.

The next day, Josh said that Casey thought I was hillarious. Apparently she was under the misconception that I am a very serious person. I supose I have my moments, but for the most part, I try to be an upbeat optimistic person. I do not always suceed, but I do try. :)

On Wednesday, 12/17/08, we had my adult holiday party to go to. I had called and set up Ally to babysit for us. She was supposed to be at our house at 5PM, but by 5:20 and no Ally, I called her at home. She answered and said "oh! No I can't come tonight." I was really upset and couldn't say a lot to her since I had to be at my party in 40 minutes and now had to find a new babysitter on a Wednesday. All I realy said was that I would have really appreciated a call beforehand so that i could plan ahead. I was really upset and called everyone I could think of, but even my alternates were all busy or gone. I called Angela just to briefly vent about how upset I was about Ally before Angela went to Young Womens, and she just told me to bring her over. It was totally unexpected and very appreciated- so NOT what had been calling for, but regardless, needed. I took Tiffany over and Angela and Alton fed her dinner and watched overnight for us.

I got to the party, and we first took pictures, had some appetizers, then went in the ballroom for dinner. We all socialized and are dinner. Then they alternated between dancing and doling out prizes. We had trips to Midway, Provo, Layton, Neil Diamond Tickets and etc that were given out. My friend Julie won the tckets to Midway for a night stay. All in all, we had a lot of fun. I was so tired when I got home, I crashed as soon as my head hit the pillow.

No comments: