Sunday, May 18, 2008

Katrina's Wedding

I went to Katrina's wedding last night, and then her reception followed. She has become like a little sister to me since I've known her and its so strange for me to think that she is old enough to be married. Then again, she is older than I was when I got married- lol! I got to see my sister one last time, before she left this morning back to Florida. It was fun.






Watching her get married reminds me of my own wedding and the reasons that people get married. The love that brings 2 people together is such a beautiful thing. Sometimes when one gets married they are aware of the fact that marriage isn't an easy thing, but they don't fully understand it until much later. Love is hard, it's giving someone the power to hurt you and trusting that they don't. Some people say that you should marry the person loves you for you and not in spite of you. I like to think of love as something irrational, perhaps one of the only irrational thing in my life that I like. Something that you can't explain, and yet there it is. I think that love is seeing someone clearly for who they are and having that understanding seen reciprocally. There are many kinds of love, and they are all important and what makes one happy. Here are a couple quotes I've heard said about love that I really like:

Love doesn't make the world go round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
--Franklin P. Jones

The best portion of a man's life: his little nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
--William Wordsworth

Now, I'm not religious (as though who know me know, but I really like this):
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
--Corinthians 13:4-7

For others, love has its own description. I like this video cause what it says talks ahout a different side of love... lol.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I totally agree with you, We have talked about this before. It is true that no one can truly grasp how marriage really is and when they say "for better or worse" what that really means. I love wedding for the reasons that you mentioned. It is wonderful seeing people look the way I felt on my wedding day. I am glad that your crazy week is over.