Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rainy thoughts...


I suppose that when the weather gets rainy I start thinking about things. I was thinking about things on my drive home today and thoughts went to life and how sad it is at times . It made me think about how precious life really is. I kept on thinking and thought about how my friends dog got very sick recently and they had to put her to sleep. I also had a previous co-worker die recently. All of this and situations here and there have made me think about life and what's really important. So often we get caught up in all the drama, that we forget that one day we may not be here anymore. As I thought about this, I remembered a situation from my Sophomore year in college. This guy and I had been on bad terms for more than a year (over stupid things) because he liked to provoke me, and I just couldn't let it go. One day, I was playing pool downstairs with some friends when he came over and asked if he could talk to me. I said ok, and we went outside to chat for a few minutes. He told me had been a jerk and if I woulf forgive him. Usually, I would have blown it off (at that time in my life), but for whatever reason, I felt he was sincere and decided to let bygones be bygones. We hugged and made plans to have lunch the next week. I got a call a few days later from a friend who told me that he had died in a car accident on his way down Parley's canyon (and no foul play was suspected). For some reason, I knew that we were meant to settle our differences before anything happened. I realized then that its important to live life to the fullest and live day by day. I try to live live as though there is no tomorrow. I try to tell my daughter how much I love her and care for her and how she is the sunshine in my day. I can't imagine life without her. She has truly changed my life and the person I am today would not have happened without her in my life.

1 comment:

Angela said...

It is crazy how things affect us. Tori's death really made me thing of that too. Life is so short..